Playa Jaco Spanish School
The Playa Jaco Spanish School is one of our most interesting programs we offer. It is very unique. Besides Spanish programs the school offers Surf programs, Photography programs, and Yoga programs. Most of our student combine Spanish with one of the other options (Spanish & Surf programfor instance). We classify this Spanish school and its programs more along the lines of an adventure school vs your more traditional Spanish language schools. The Spanish portion of any program constitutes 2 hours per day of instruction. The other add on programs generally run 2 hours per day as well. However there is and are some variation to these options.
We can safely say that the programs offered at the Playa Jaco Spanish School are some of the most unusual and innovative options available for travelers wanting to study Spanish abroad or take a learning vacation. Knowledgeable instructors and local guides use hands-on teaching techniques and field trips to provide visitors with a wealth of information and the adventure of a lifetime.
The Playa Jaco Spanish School was founded in 1997. The goal of the school is to take a creative approach to learning by combining aspects of a language school, adventure travel, and art workshop to create an unforgettable travel experience. To date the school has hosted students from all across the United States, Canada, France, Germany, England, Holland, Italy, and Australia. The school’s innovative programs have been featured in guidebooks, magazines, and newspapers from the USA to Hong Kong.
The school philosophy is best summed up by the Director and Cofounder of the school: “Traveling is one of the best learning experiences a person can have, and it is more enjoyable when you have someone who can answer your questions and show you things that you would have otherwise missed. I have had some of the most incredible times of my life here in Costa Rica…from swimming with a whale shark to watching a simultaneous moon set and sunrise from the top of Mt. Chirripo. We (the staff) love teaching students about Costa Rica and one of the best parts of the job is watching students make their own lifelong memories.”
Today the Spanish school offers a variety of Spanish programs designed to allow people to learn Spanish while at the same time discovering Costa Rica. Overall we feel that these are some excellent programs and are perfect for anyone looking for a different type of Spanish language program. Current combined programs include: Spanish Program, Spanish & Surfing Program, Spanish & Photography Program, Spanish & Yoga Program, Surfing & Yoga, Photography & Surfing, and Photography & Yoga. Individually these courses are great, however where they get really interesting is when the Spanish school combines them to make a truly interesting program.
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Playa Jaco, Costa Rica.
- Stay in the local school residence
- Custom designed building with Asian influence
- Shared rooms are the standard option
- All rooms have A/C and private bathrooms
- Private rooms are available. VERY LIMITED. Reserve well in advance.
- No meals included
- Free Wi-Fi
- Common kitchen
- Small pool
- 12 guest rooms in total
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Standard Group Spanish Program With Residence Shared Room||$595||$1,190||$1,785||$2,380||$595|
|Spanish & Yoga With Residence Shared Room||$795||$1,590||$2,385||$3,180||$795|
|Digital Photo & Yoga With Residence Shared Room||$795||$1,590||$2,385||$3,180||$795|
|Spanish & Photo With Residence Shared Room||$795||$1,590||$2,385||$3,180||$795|
|Spanish & Surf With Residence Shared Room||$795||$1,590||$2,385||$3,180||$795|
|Surfing & Yoga With Residence Shared Room||$795||$1,590||$2,385||$3,180||$795|
|Digital Photo & Surfing With Residence Shared Room||$795||$1,590||$2,385||$3,180||$795|
- Group Spanish programs have a maximum of 6 students in a class
- Residence Option is in a shared room. No meals
- Private room in residence is possible. Extra cost of $210 per week. Based on availability
Spanish Programs and the other programs at the Playa Jaco Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are NOT made up due to holidays
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. Depending on the time of year it may be possible to arrange extra nights.
- Accommodations in the Spanish school residence
- Shared room is the standard option.
- Handouts and books
- WiFi at the school
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here