San Jose City Guide
San Jose Location: Central Valley Area Of Costa Rica
We have two Spanish schools located in and around San Jose, Costa Rica. The San Jose Spanish School and the San Jose (San Pedro) Spanish School. The city of San Jose is located in the lush Central Valley of Costa Rica. This is the heart of the country, located at an elevation of about 3,800 ft above sea level. Surrounding the Central Valley are three beautiful volcanoes, the most well-known and largest is known as Irazu.
Throughout the valley lining the hills and volcanoes are farm communities, small villages, coffee plantations, and beautiful scenery. At the center of the valley lies the San Jose metro area. Some feel the city is noisy and congested, while others comment on the distinctive charm of the area and the citizens who reside there.
Like any large metro area you will find theaters, shops, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, neighborhood markets, and quite a bit more. Each little corner of the city has something unique to offer. Combine the things to see and do along with the hospitality of the locals (ticos) and we think you will find San Jose to be a great place to study and learn Spanish in.
One of the great things about San Jose relates to the fact that most points of interest within Costa Rica are just a few short hours away. One weekend you can be on the Pacific coast of the country while on the next you can relax on a beach on the Caribbean side. In between those two options there are seemingly countless national parks, rivers to raft on, rainforest to explore, or places to sit and simply admire the view. The options are endless!
So if you decide to learn Spanish in San Jose, Costa Rica you will have a wonderful time!
Things To See And Do In The Area
- There are an abundance of local cultural events and fiestas both in San Jose and the surrounding area.
- Eat at great restaurants.
- Great night life.
- Plenty of shops and local markets.
- Discover the various museums and zoos
- Visit the Paos Volcano and La Paz Waterfall
- Cafe Britt tour (coffee)
- Visit the butterfly farm
- Get out to either the Pacific or Caribbean Coast
- Visit various national parks
- Monteverde National Park
- Corcovado National Park
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tortuguero National Park
- Zip lining
- White water rafting
- AND much more!
Visit San Jose and learn Spanish and explore a wonderful area of Costa Rica.
Getting To San Jose, Costa Rica
You have one main way to arrive.
- Numerous daily international flights into San Jose (15 minutes away)
- We can arrange to pick you up in San Jose
- You can also take a taxi from the airport to your accommodations
- It is possible to fly into Liberia. Not recommended due to the distance from Liberia to San Jose.
- If you do this option you can take either a shuttle or a small flight to San Jose.
If you have questions about how to arrive into San Jose, Costa Rica please do not hesitate to contact us.