Santo Domingo Spanish School
The Santo Domingo Spanish School was founded in the mid 1990’s. In a short time this Spanish language school has become recognized as one of the best Spanish language schools in the Dominican Republic. The Spanish school itself is located in the Zona Universitaria (University Zone) next to the UASD (Universidad Autonoma de Santo Domingo), which is the country’s biggest university.
The charming Zona Colonial is only minutes away by vehicle from the Spanish school. Anything else you could possibly want to see or do in Santo Domingo are easily accessed from this location.
We feel that the school location is perfect. Since it is an university area, there are plenty of student hangouts including bars, restaurants, shops, and more. Our students can easily meet the local university students in the area.
The building used by the school is perfectly suited for language instruction. The classrooms are comfortable, and there are nice break areas, the most popular being the nice garden where students like to congregate. We feel the facilities are perfect for those who need to learn Spanish.
The Santo Domingo Spanish School offers students quality Spanish language immersion programs. Students have the choice of taking small group instruction for 4-6 hours per day or taking private lessons. If you are looking for something really special, why not take the Combined 6 Spanish Program. Under this option you will take 4 lessons per day of group instruction followed by an additional 2 lessons per day in a private class setting.
Private Spanish classes can be utilized to cover specialized topics, vocabulary, etc. However many people simply prefer to learn Spanish in private class setting.
For accommodations students have the choice of staying in a hotel, living with a local host family, or sharing an apartment with other students.
We think this Spanish language school is a great place to learn Spanish while at the same discovering Santo Domingo and the Dominican Republic
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Stay with a local host family
- Private room (you can share a room with someone you are traveling with if you like)
- Friends or family can stay in the same host family and get a private room or share.
- 2 meals per day.
- Use public transportation to go back and forth to the Spanish school
- Stay in a shared apartment
- Share an apartment with other students.
- Get your own private room
- NO MEALS included with apartment option
- Share common areas.
- Walking distance to the Spanish school.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Standard Group 4 Spanish Program With Apartment Option NO MEALS||$390||$700||$1,050||$1,400||$350|
|Standard Group 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$495||$910||$1,365||$1,820||$455|
|Combined 6 Spanish Program With Apartment Option NO MEALS||$610||$1,140||$1,710||$2,280||$570|
|Combined 6 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$715||$1,350||$2,025||$2,700||$675|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Apartment Option NO MEALS||$600||$1,200||$1,800||$2,400||$600|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$705||$1,410||$2,115||$2,820||$705|
|Private 6 Spanish Program With Apartment Option NO MEALS||$820||$1,640||$2,460||$3,280||$820|
|Private 6 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$925||$1,850||$2,775||$3,700||$925|
- Group Spanish programs have a maximum of 8 students in a class
- Host family option includes 2 meals per day
- No meals with apartment option
- Airport pickup $60
Spanish Programs at our Santo Domingo Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are made up due to holidays. Sometimes the school will run a reduced schedule on the actual holiday OR it may offer MORE classes later in the week.
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. In most cases this can be accommodated.
Holidays: Jan 9, 21, 30 Feb 27, April 14, May 1, June 15, Aug 14, Sept 24, Nov 6, Dec 25
- Accommodations with a local host family (if selected)
- Private room when staying with a local host family
- Accommodations in a shared apartment (if selected)
- Private room in shared apt.
- Handouts and books
- WiFi at the school
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here