Tamarindo Spanish School
The Tamarindo Spanish Language school offers what we consider to be one of the best Spanish language programs in Costa Rica. This Spanish school is located in a charming rain forest setting and is literally just a few minutes walking to the beach in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. If you are looking for the perfect setting where you can learn Spanish, then consider studying Spanish on one of the most beautiful beach locations found in Costa Rica.
This Spanish school is a great choice if you want to experience a laid back beach town setting vs staying in a large city such as San Jose. The Spanish school is centrally located in Playa Tamarindo. Once you leave the school location you are just steps away from the beach, bars, restaurants, shops, and all other points of interest in Tamarindo.
The Tamarindo Spanish school offers some well thought out Spanish language programs. As a student you can opt for either 4 or 6 lessons per day of Spanish language classes set in a small group setting. Class sizes are never more than 6 students. If you do not want to take group classes the Spanish school can arrange private Spanish classes for you. Private classes are perfect if you need a more intensive program OR need to study and learn specialized Spanish language vocabulary as it relates to medicine, law, business, etc.
The Spanish school itself has a very relaxed tropical feel to it. The school uses indoor and outdoor classroom. The outdoor classrooms are called ranchos, which are open air dry palm huts. These outdoor areas are also used for activities or a place to relax and visit with other Spanish students. At this location, the students can enjoy observing many of the local wildlife including parrots, iguanas and other small animals. Sometimes you may see or hear howler monkeys in the tree canopy around the school.
Overall you will find Tamarindo Spanish School to be a great place to learn Spanish while at the same time discovering one of the most beautiful locations in Costa Rica.
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
- Stay with a local host family
- Private room (you can share a room with someone you are traveling with if you like)
- Friends or family can stay in the same host family and get a private room or share.
- 2 meals per day
- Laundry service included
- Stay at the student residence
- Located on campus
- There are 4 apartments
- Shared rooms
- You will share common areas
- Air conditioned
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$460||$900||$1,290||$1,520||$370|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Residence Option. NO MEALS||$440||$870||$1,250||$1,460||$360|
|Spanish & Surf Classes With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$670||$1,320||$1,920||$2,360||$580|
|Spanish & Surf Classes With Residence Option. NO MEALS||$650||$1,290||$1,880||$2,300||$570|
|Intensive Group Spanish Classes With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$590||$1,170||$1,680||$2,040||$500|
|Intensive Group Spanish Classes With Residence Option. NO MEALS||$570||$1,140||$1,640||$1,980||$490|
|Combined 6 Spanish Classes With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$660||$1,300||$1,890||$2,320||$570|
|Combined 6 Spanish Classes With Residence Option. NO MEALS||$640||$1,270||$1,850||$2,260||$560|
- Group classes have a maximum of 6 students in a class
- Host family option includes 2 meals per day
- No meals are included with the residence option
- Airport pickup from Liberia is $60
- Airport pickup from Tamarindo is $10
Spanish Programs at our Tamarindo Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. In most cases this can be accommodated.
- Accommodations in with either a local host family or in the school residence
- Private room when staying with a local host family
- If staying in the residence you will share a room with other students in your apartment
- Laundry service when staying with the host family
- Residence option includes air conditioning
- Work books and handouts
- WiFi at the school and residence
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here