Tamarindo Spanish School
The Tamarindo Spanish Language school offers what we consider to be one of the best Spanish language programs in Costa Rica. This Spanish school is located in a comfortable building which sits right on the beach in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. There is no other school in Costa Rica that is actually located on a beach! If you are looking for the perfect setting where you can learn Spanish, then consider studying Spanish on one of the most beautiful beach locations found in Costa Rica.
This Spanish school is a great choice if you want to experience a laid back beach town setting vs staying in a large city such as San Jose. The Spanish school is centrally located in Playa Tamarindo. Once you leave the school location you are just steps away from the beach, bars, restaurants, shops, and all other points of interest in Tamarindo.
The Tamarindo Spanish school offers some well thought out Spanish language programs. As a student you can opt for either 4 or 6 lessons per day of Spanish language classes set in a small group setting. Class sizes are never more than 6 students. If you do not want to take group classes the Spanish school can arrange private Spanish classes for you. Private classes are perfect if you need a more intensive program OR need to study and learn specialized Spanish language vocabulary as it relates to medicine, law, business, etc.
The Spanish school itself has a very relaxed tropical feel to it. The school occupies the second and third floors of a three-story thatch roofed building. The entire second floor is made up of clean, modern air-conditioned classrooms with glass outside walls that let in plenty of natural light. Each of the classrooms on this level is perfectly suited for both small group and private Spanish language instruction. The top floor of the building houses both the Student Residence and the spacious common area. The common area is used for large gatherings, yoga classes, and various cultural activities.
Overall you will find Tamarindo Spanish School to be a great place to learn Spanish while at the same time discovering one of the most beautiful locations in Costa Rica.
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Playa Tamarindo, Costa Rica.
- Stay with a local host family
- Private room (you can share a room with someone you are traveling with if you like)
- Friends or family can stay in the same host family and get a private room or share.
- 2 meals per day
- Laundry service included
- Stay at the student residence
- Located on the floor above the school.
- Basic but convenient
- Bunk room setup. 3-4 people.
- You will share common areas
- Air conditioned
- Cable TV
- Off Campus Residence Option (RECOMMENDED vs Residence)
- Stay at a beautiful tropical oasis
- 2 MINUTE WALK TO THE BEACH OR THE SCHOOL
- A few different housing options available.
- Small bungalows which surround a lush garden and sparkling swimming pool
- Private room with fan and private bath and Wi-Fi
- Upgrade and get a private room with A/C, Cable TV, small refrigerator and Wi-Fi
- Common kitchen available for use (free coffee in the mornings)
- 2 minute walk to beach
- 1 and 2 bedroom apartments available as well. The bedrooms have A/C. The rest of the areas in the apartments have fans. Wi-Fi, furnished, kitchens, private terrace with hammock. Comfortable!
- 1 bedroom apt has a queen bed.
- 2 bedroom apt has a queen bed and 2 singles.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$525||$995||$1,425||$1,750||$425|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Student Residence Option. NO MEALS||$560||$1,085||$1,545||$1,865||$465|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence Option. NO MEALS and NO A/C ***DISCOUNT IF YOU SHARE A ROOM W/FRIEND||$660||$1,285||$1,845||$2,265||$565|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence Option WITH A/C. NO MEALS||$750||$1,465||$2,115||$2,625||$655|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence 1 Bedroom Apt.||$995||$1,955||$2,850||$3,605||$895|
|Standard Group Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence 2 Bedroom Apt.||$1,165||$2,295||$3,360||$4,285||$1,070|
|Intensive Group Spanish Classes With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$675||$1,300||$1,875||$2,355||$575|
|Intensive Group Spanish Classes With Student Residence Option. NO MEALS||$690||$1,325||$1,905||$2,395||$600|
|Intensive Group Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence Option. NO MEALS / NO A/C||$810||$1,585||2,285||2,695||$715|
|Intensive Group Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence Option. WITH A/C NO MEALS||$900||$1,765||$2,555||$3,055||$805|
|Combined 6 Spanish Classes With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$725||$1,405||$2,015||$2,515||$625|
|Combined 6 Spanish Classes With Student Residence Option. NO MEALS||$720||$1,435||$2,085||$2,595||$625|
|Combined 6 Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence Option. NO MEALS / NO A/C||$860||$1,685||$2,450||$3,075||$725|
|Combined 6 Spanish Classes With Off Campus Residence Option. With A/C NO MEALS||$950||$1,865||$2,720||$3,435||$815|
- Group classes have a maximum of 6 students in a class
- Host family option includes 2 meals per day
- No meals are included with the residence option
- Airport pickup from Liberia is $95 per student
- Airport pickup from Tamarindo is $25 per student
- Single Room in On Campus Residence: $150 per week extra
- High season surcharge for Off Campus Residence Option:
- High season dates are Dec 15, 2018 to April 13, 2019
- Private room no A/C $35 extra per day
- Private room with A/C $55 extra per day
- 1 bedroom apt $85
- 2 bedroom apt $155
- Extra nights: homestay $45, student residence $40, off campus check with us for pricing.
- Surf Program: $240 1 week, $395 2 weeks, $585 3 weeks, $785 4 weeks. 2 week minimum for beginners.
Spanish Programs at our Tamarindo Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. In most cases this can be accommodated.
Holidays are as follows: January 1 (New Year’s Day), March 24, 25 (Holy Thursday and Friday), April 11, May 1 (Worker’s Day), July 25 (Annexation of Guanacaste), August 2 (Costa Rica’s Saint. Virgen de Los Angeles), August 15 (Mother’s Day), September 15 (Independence Day), October 12 (Encuentro de las Culturas) and December 25 (Christmas Day).
- Accommodations in with either a local host family or in the school residence
- Private room when staying with a local host family
- If staying in the residence you will share a room with other students in your apartment
- Laundry service when staying with the host family
- Residence option includes air conditioning
- Work books and handouts
- WiFi at the school and residence
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here