Spanish Schools In Cuenca, Ecuador
The Cuenca Spanish School was founded in the late 1990’s and today is considered one of the best Spanish schools in South America. Recognized by the Ministry of Education, the Cuenca Spanish School offers excellent Spanish language programs for beginner to advanced level Spanish students.
The Cuenca Spanish School is centrally located in one of the nicer parts of the city where students have easy access to bars, restaurants, shops, banks, cybercafes, and transportation. The Spanish school itself utilizes a very nice colonial style building which provides a comfortable setting in which to learn Spanish.
The Cuenca Spanish School provides quality one-to-one immersion programs for students of any age and level of Spanish proficiency. The classrooms are clean and quiet, and students typically enjoy the comfortable social areas as places to both study and/or meet with each other during coffee breaks.
Cuenca, Ecuador is one of the more interesting place to study and learn Spanish in Ecuador.
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Cuenca, Ecuador.
Spanish Program Options
Private Spanish Program
- Study and learn Spanish in a private class
- Take 4 or 6 classes per day
- Classes are Monday – Friday
- Spanish program can be customized to fit your needs.
Pacific Beach Spanish Program
- Individual lessons: $680
- 2 students with 1 teacher: $620
- Group lessons: $580
- Approx. 20 hours of Spanish lessons
- Four nights of accommodation
- Half-day tour to Isla Corazon
- Hike to Cerro Verde
- Breakfast and dinner
- * Shared accommodation
Prices do not include:
Most students and all teacher travel by bus. Price for the bus ticket Quito-Manta is $ 12; it takes approx. 8 hours to get from Quito to Manta, and then 40 minutes more to San Clemente (Palmazul).
If you prefer to travel by plane, the price for the flight is about US$ 75 (one way) to Manta – 30 minutes departing from Quito. From Manta you can take a taxi or bus to the resort – 40 minutes.
Jungle Spanish Programs
- Stay at the Gaia lodge in the Amazon basin
- 20 Group classes
- 3 meals per day
- Some excursions
- Recommended you sign up for this program when in Ecuador
- 20 hours $ 710 per person
- 15 hours $ 640 per person
- 10 hours $ 540 per person
- 15 hours $ 540 per person
- Spanish lessons
- Five nights of accommodation
- All meals during stay
- Guided trips from Monday to Friday
- *Shared cabin accommodation. Additional price is charged if single accommodation is requested.
Prices do not include:
- Transportation to and from Punta del Ahuano (near the town of Tena) Personal expenses & Tips
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas
- Stay with a local host family
- Host families are located within 5-15 minutes from the Spanish school.
- You will receive a private room.
- When traveling with friends or family you can share a room OR get private rooms in the same host family.
- 2 meals per day.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$415||$800||$1,190||$1,580||$390|
|Private 6 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$515||$995||$1,490||$1,980||$490|
- Private classes (4 or 6 classes per day)
- Host family option includes 2 meals per day.
- 2 meals included with Beach Option
- Meals included with Jungle option
Spanish Programs at the Cuenca Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are NOT made up due to holidays
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. Depending on the time of year it may be possible to arrange extra nights.
What Is Included With Your Spanish Program?
- Accommodations with a local host family (if selected)
- Private room (you can share a room with a friend or family if you like).
- 2 meals per day if staying with a host family (if selected)
- Pacific Beach option includes accommodations at a resort
- Jungle option includes lodging and 3 meals per day
- School materials
- Wi-Fi at the school
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here