Guanajuato Spanish School
The Guanajuato Spanish School is located in the heart of colonial Guanajuato. We consider this Spanish school to be one of the better language schools to learn Spanish in Mexico. The facilities are excellent, the teachers are experienced and enthusiastic, and the administration is very helpful.
The Guanajuato Spanish School offers an extensive variety of Spanish language programs to prospective students. The standard Spanish program consists of small group instruction. In addition to the standard program, the school offers a variety of other programs including private classes designed to fit the needs of any individual. The variety of Spanish language programs offered by the Spanish language allows students to “tailor” their immersion experience.
Guanajuato is the ideal spot in Mexico to study and learn Spanish, being a small and quiet university city (comparable to Granada and Salamanca in Spain) and far from the tourist cities (such as Cancún or Cuernavaca). Declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO, you will be charmed by its wealth in architecture and culture. The international airport, less than half an hour away, provides the city with excellent connections with all the other cities in Mexico and with the rest of the world.
Guanajuato is a great place to learn Spanish while at the same time discovering one of the most interesting and charming towns in Mexico.
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Stay with a local host family
- Host families are located with 15-30 minutes from the Spanish school.
- You will receive a private room.
- When traveling with friends or family you can share a room OR get private rooms in the same host family.
- 2 meals per day.
- Private bath option is an extra $45 per week. Limited availability.
- Stay in a residence with other students
- Private room in a student residence.
- Breakfast included
- Private bath option is an extra $90 per week. Limited availability.
- Located a short distance from the Spanish school.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Standard Group 4 Spanish Program With Residence & 1 Meal Per Day||$400||$760||$1,120||$1,480||$360|
|Standard Group 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$380||$720||$1,060||$1,395||$340|
|Intensive Group 5 Spanish Program With Residence & 1 Meal Per Day||$410||$780||$1,150||$1,520||$370|
|Intensive Group 5 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$390||$745||$1,090||$1,440||$350|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Residence & 1 Meal Per Day||$570||$1,100||$1,630||$2,160||$530|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$550||$1,060||$1,570||$2,080||$510|
- Max 6 students in group classes
- Host family option includes 2 meals per day.
- Breakfast is included in residence option.
- Private bath with residence is an extra $90 per week. Limited availability
Spanish Programs and the other programs at the Guanajuato Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are NOT made up due to holidays
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. Depending on the time of year it may be possible to arrange extra nights.
- Accommodations with a local host family (if selected)
- Private room (you can share a room with a friend or family if you like).
- 2 meals per day if staying with a host family (if selected)
- Accommodations in residence (if selected)
- Private room in residence (if selected)
- Breakfast if staying in residence (if selected)
- Wi-Fi at the school
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here