Heredia City Guide
Heredia Location: Central Valley Area Of Costa Rica
Our Spanish language school is located in the charming city of Heredia which is a very short city bus ride to the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose. Heredia has been called by some “The City of the Flowers” due to an amazing amount of gardens and vegetation throughout the area.
A charming aspect of Heredia is the small town feel it exudes while at the same time offering the services and amenities one expects from a much larger city. Even better? If you want the full big city life you can get to the heart of San Jose in less than 20 minutes. The heart of the town still has a quaint colonial feel to it. Surrounding the plaza, a very popular meeting place, is the historic church and a variety of interesting shops and restaurants. From most locations within Heredia you will have wonderful views of both the Poas and the Barva Volcanoes.
To say that the Heredia Spanish Language School is popular with students who want to study in a location with a small town feel would be an understatement.
We here at Spanish Abroad, Inc. are sure that you will find Heredia to be a fantastic place to study Spanish and to learn Spanish!
Things To See And Do In The Area
- There are an abundance of local cultural events and fiestas both in Heredia and the surrounding area.
- Visit local museums and zoos
- Visit the Paos Volcano and La Paz Waterfall
- Cafe Britt tour (coffee)
- Visit the butterfly farm
- Get out to either the Pacific or Caribbean Coast
- Visit various national parks
- Monteverde National Park
- Corcovado National Park
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tortuguero National Park
- Zip lining
- White water rafting
- Enjoy San Jose city life
- AND much more!
Come to Heredia to learn Spanish and explore a wonderful area of Costa Rica.
Getting To Heredia, Costa Rica
You have one main way to arrive.
- Numerous daily international flights into San Jose (15 minutes away)
- We can arrange to pick you up in San Jose
- You can also take a taxi from the airport to your accommodations
- It is possible to fly into Liberia. Not recommended due to the distance from Liberia to San Jose.
- If you do this option you can take either a shuttle or a small flight to San Jose.
If you have questions about how to arrive into Heredia, Costa Rica please do not hesitate to contact us.