The Heredia Spanish School in Costa Rica is located in the heart of the town of in Santo Domingo de Heredia. We feel this location is ideal because from this central and convenient location our Spanish language students have easy access to central Heredia and are also minutes away from central San Jose. The Spanish language school offers excellent Spanish programs for beginner to advanced level Spanish students in both group and individual class settings.
If you can’t decide which Spanish program option to take, you can also select a nice combined Spanish program which includes both group and private instruction. With any of these Spanish program option you can learn Spanish in a very quick time period, and the proof is in the reviews by our former students. Overall this Spanish school has been rated as excellent!
While there are a variety of Spanish programs offered they all are the same in one respect. All Spanish classes last a full 60 minutes, which is uncommon. Getting a full 60 minutes per class will really help you be immersed in the Spanish language and learn Spanish quickly and effectively.
Each of the Spanish language teachers has extensive experience at teaching Spanish as a foreign language. The Heredia Spanish School also provides continual teacher training to further enhance the teachers expertise and to provide a great learning environment for our Spanish language who come to Costa Rica to study and learn Spanish.
During a typical week the Spanish language school regularly has 25 to 35 students per week within their various Spanish programs. Students can study Spanish in group classes, in private classes, or in combined group and private classes.
During breaks the students can enjoy the climate either on the terraces or the comfortable gardens surrounding the Spanish school. On really nice days it is not uncommon to have some students taking their classes outdoors.
In addition to well thought out Spanish programs, the Heredia Spanish School provides a variety of interesting cultural activities and weekend excursions. The activities and excursions are designed to allow you to discover Costa Rica while at the same time providing more opportunities to practice the Spanish you learn in class.
We feel that the Heredia Spanish School offers a wonderful range of interesting Spanish programs. If you want to study and learn Spanish in a location with a small town feel, then strongly consider this location.
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Heredia, Costa Rica.
[toggle title=”Spanish Program Options” style=”fancy”][/toggle] [toggle title=”Accommodation Options” style=”fancy”]
- Stay with a local host family
- Located within a short walking distance to the Spanish school.
- Private room with the host family.
- If traveling with a friend or family you can share a room.
- You can also stay in the same host family with someone you know and have your own private room.
- 2 meals per day.
- Laundry service.
- Stay with other students in a shared apartment
- Apartments range from 2 to 4 bedrooms.
- Private room (you can share a room with a friend or family).
- Share common areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Includes washing machine (no dryer)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Apartments are cleaned once per week. Sheets are changed at that time as well.
- You must bring your own towels.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Standard Group Spanish Program With Shared Apt.||$515||$965||$1,415||$1,865||$425|
|Standard Group Spanish Program With Host Family||$485||$905||$1,325||$1,745||$395|
|Intensive Group Spanish Program With Shared Apt||$655||$1,245||$1,835||$2,425||$550|
|Intensive Group Spanish Program With Host Family||$625||$1,185||$1,745||$2,305||$520|
|Combined 6 Spanish Program With Shared Apt||$735||$1,405||$2,075||$2,745||$660|
|Combined 6 Spanish Program With Host Family||$705||$1,345||$1,985||$2,625||$630|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Shared Apt||$700||$1,335||$1,970||$2,605||$635|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Host Family||$670||$1,275||$1,880||$2,485||$605|
- Group Spanish programs have a maximum of 5 students in a class.
- Host family option includes 2 meals per day.
- No meals are included in the apartment options.
- Airport pickup from San Jose is $55.
Spanish Programs and the other programs at the Playa Jaco Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are NOT made up due to holidays
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. Depending on the time of year it may be possible to arrange extra nights.
Holidays: Jan 1, April 11, 13, 14, May 1, July 25, Aug 2, 15, Sept 15, Oct 12, Dec 25[/toggle] [toggle title=”What Is Included With Your Spanish Program?” style=”fancy”]
- Accommodations in either a host family or one of the apartment options.
- Private room (you can share a room with a friend or family if you like).
- 2 meals per day if staying with a host family.
- School materials (loaned to you)
- Wi-Fi at the school
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here