Manuel Antonio City Guide
Manuel Antonio Location: Central Coastal Region (Pacific side of Costa Rica)
The Manuel Antonio Spanish School is located in what is considered by many to be one of the most stunning areas of Costa Rica. Manuel Antonio and Quepos are literally just 15 minutes away from San Jose by plane. By vehicle travel time is typically less than 3 hours. If you are looking for a tropical paradise type of feel then strongly consider Manuel Antonio. The area is full of small hills and cliffs that offer excellent views of the ocean, beach and rainforest. The beaches consist of a beautiful white sand and the water offshore has a rich blue hue to it. The rainforest comes all the way up to the beach and are full of fascinating plant and animal life. Manuel Antonio and the immediate surrounding area is teeming with more than 110 species of mammals and just under 200 species of exotic birds. Offshore marine life is more than abundant.
The town next to Manuel Antonio is called Quepos. Quepos is a rather well-known fishing town and if you like quality deep-sea fishing this is the place to go. The town has a fair amount of bars, restaurants and shops which should appeal to most tastes.
We feel that Manuel Antonio is a wonderful place to participate in a Spanish program!
Things To See And Do In The Area
- Explore the Manuel Antonio National Park area.
- Spend time on the beach relaxing.
- Horseback riding
- River rafting
- Zip lining
- Visit other nearby national park areas
- Cruises along the coast which if your lucky you may see whales, dolphins, and more!
- Try the local cuisine in Quepos
- And much…much…more!
Come to Manuel Antonio to learn Spanish and discover a fascinating region of Costa Rica.
Getting To Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
You have a variety of ways to get to this location.
- Fly into San Jose. There are many daily flights into this city
- Then take a quick flight into Quepos/Manuel Antonio (free pickup
- Take a public bus (a bit more than 3 hours)
- Take a shuttle (faster and more comfortable vs a bus)
- Hire a taxi (not terribly expensive).
If you have questions about how to arrive into Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica please do not hesitate to contact us.