Spanish Schools in Medellin, Colombia
The Medellin Spanish School is small but high quality language school situated in a upscale area of Medellin. From this great area there is easy access to most of the things you want to see and do in Medellin, Colombia. The Spanish school is located in a building that is perfectly suited for small group instruction.
Students from around the world come to Medellin to study and learn Spanish. The classrooms are bright and comfortable. All the teachers have extensive experience teaching Spanish to foreigners. The vast majority of students at this location are taking the Group 4 Spanish course.
If you need a custom program to cover certain topics the Medellin Spanish School can set up a program customized for your needs. Topics include business Spanish, Spanish medical terminology, etc.
People visit this region to see a unique part of Colombia. Medellin is the second largest city in Colombia. The city offers a wonderful cultural experience. In the surrounding areas you will have a chance to visit quaint colonial villages, beautiful mountains, and fantastic nature preserves.
The Medellin Spanish School is a great option because at this location you can volunteer during the week and after your Spanish class. The minimum length of time to volunteer is 4 weeks.
Spanish programs at the Medellin Spanish School start every week and are open to people of all levels of Spanish proficiency. You can study and learn Spanish for as short as a week or up to a period of months. The choice is yours!
We think the Medellin Spanish School is a wonderful place to learn Spanish while at the same discovering Medellin and the rest of Colombia.
Spanish Program Options
Standard Group 4 Spanish Program
- Take 20 Spanish classes per week in group classes (4 classes per day).
- Max 8 students per Spanish class (average of 6 per class)
- The Spanish school will arrange at least 3 cultural activities each week.
- This Spanish program is available to students of any level of Spanish proficiency.
Intensive Group Spanish Program
- Take 30 Spanish classes per week
- Max 8 students per class
- Perfect if you want a more intensive Spanish program
- All levels
Combined PLUS 1 Spanish Program
- Take 4 group classes per day PLUS 1 private class per day
- Max 8 students in group portion
- If you want an intensive course this is a great option
- Use the private portion to cover topics you want to cover
Private Spanish Program
- A great Spanish program option if you need something intensive
- Take 4 Spanish classes per day in private classes.
- Use private Spanish classes to cover topics you want
Spanish & Volunteer Course
- You will take the Group 4 program (see above) to start your day.
- In addition to learning Spanish you can volunteer in the following areas:
- Volunteer at an orphanage
- Volunteer at an elderly care center
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter
- To participate in the volunteer program you must have at least a basic level of Spanish.
- You will have to volunteer at least 2 afternoons each week.
- 4 week commitment is required
- Contact us for more details.
- Live with local host family in Medellin
- You will get a private room (if traveling with someone you can share a room)
- Friends or family can stay in the same host family and get a private room or share a room.
- You will receive 1-2 meals per day.
- Most host families are located within 10-20 minutes of Spanish school.
- Towels & sheets included.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Group 4 Spanish Program With Host Family & 1 Meal Per day||$495||$915||$1,365||$1,775||$445|
|Group 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option 2 Meals Per Day||$565||$1,055||$1,575||$2,055||$515|
|Intensive Group 6 Spanish Program With Host Family & 1 Meal Per day||$560||$1,035||$1,525||$2,010||$505|
|Intensive Group 6 Spanish Program With Host Family Option 2 Meals Per Day||$630||$1,175||$1,735||$2,290||$575|
|Combined PLUS 1 Spanish Program With Host Family & 1 Meal Per day||$580||$1,075||$1,585||$2,095||$520|
|Combined PLUS 1 Spanish Program With Host Family Option 2 Meals Per Day||$640||$1,215||$1,795||$2,375||$590|
- Host family option includes 1-2 meals per day (your choice)
- Airport pickup in Medellin has a cost of $40
- For special course prices those prices are added to the prices in the table above.
- Code (C)
Spanish Programs at our Medellin Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are NOT made up due to holidays
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. In most cases this can be accommodated.
What Is Included With Your Spanish Program?
- Accommodations with a local host family (if selected)
- Private room with the host family
- Handouts and books will be given to you by the school
- WiFi is free at the school
- Cultural activities each week (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here