Spanish Schools in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
The Quetzaltenango Spanish School is considered to be a socially responsible Spanish school in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala promoting cross-cultural understanding through its Spanish and cultural programs, social projects, internship program, volunteer work, and travel services.
Founded in 1987, the Quetzaltenango Spanish School is a cooperative consisting of a core group of Spanish teachers who participate in decision-making for the Spanish language school. A percentage of each year’s earnings is designated to local community programs in Quetzaltenango.
Overall this Spanish language school in Quetzaltenango is one of the best schools in Guatemala in which to learn Spanish. Everything the Spanish school does is very well-organized. The teachers and staff are knowledgeable and enthusiastic, and it shows in the quality of the instruction provided to the Spanish language students. As with most other Spanish schools in Guatemala, the Quetzaltenango Spanish School offers individual instruction as its standard language program. This individual format allows you to study and learn Spanish at a very rapid pace.
For those students interested in volunteer work while learning Spanish in Guatemala, the Spanish school has an experienced volunteer coordinator who can help to place students with the various relief organizations located throughout the city. If full-time volunteer work is not what you are looking for, the school is active with a nearby Indian community, and there are opportunities to help these children with school work in the afternoons.
We think this Spanish language school is a great place to learn Spanish while at the same discovering Quetzaltenango and Guatemala.
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.
Spanish Program Options
Private 5 Spanish Programs
- A very intensive Spanish program option.
- Learn Spanish at your own pace.
- Study Spanish topics of interest to you if you like.
- You can customize this Spanish program to fit your needs.
- Cover the topics YOU want to cover!
- Stay with a local host family
- Private room (you can share a room with someone you are traveling with if you like)
- Friends or family can stay in the same host family and get a private room or share.
- 3 meals per day.
- Some host families are within walking distance.
- Towels & sheets included.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Private 5 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day (low season)||$220||$440||$660||$880||$210|
|Private 5 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day (high season)||$230||$460||$690||$920||$220|
- Private room with local host family
- Host family option includes 3 meals per day
- High Season 3rd week of May through end of Aug.
Spanish Programs at our Quetzaltenango Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are NOT made up due to holidays
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. In most cases this can be accommodated.
What Is Included With Your Spanish Program?
- Accommodations with a local host family (if selected)
- Private room when staying with a local host family
- Handouts and books
- WiFi at the school
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee)
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here