Spanish Programs In San Jose (San Pedro), Costa Rica
The San Jose (San Pedro) Spanish school is a medium-sized Spanish language school located in a suburb on San Jose, Costa Rica. Founded in the early 1990’s The San Jose (San Pedro) Spanish School has earned an excellent reputation for the quality of its Spanish programs. Students who come to study and learn Spanish in San Jose consistently give this Spanish school very high marks.
The mission of this Spanish school is to provide you with the Spanish language skills you need to develop professionally, academically, or to allow you to better enjoy your travels through Latin America & Spain. To reach these goals the Spanish school in San Jose has created a range of well-developed, yet flexible Spanish programs. You have the choice of taking small group classes, private instruction, or taking a Spanish program the incorporates BOTH group and private instruction.
In addition to excellent general Spanish programs, the San Jose (San Pedro) Spanish school has created specialized Spanish programs which are appropriate for MBA’s, attorneys, business professional, medical professionals, etc. Whatever your reasons are for wanting to learn Spanish in San Jose, our parter Spanish school can tailor a Spanish program to fit your specific needs.
We feel that the Spanish school has some of the best facilities found in any school in Latin America. Classrooms are small, comfortable, and well-lit. Students have access to travel services, a nice computer lab, plus nice areas to relax in during breaks. Additionally the San Jose (San Pedro) Spanish School has one of the most suitable locations for a language school in Costa Rica. The Spanish school is located in the quiet suburb of San Pedro and is close to both downtown San Jose and the host-families. The Spanish school is far away enough from downtown San Jose to enjoy the clean air, yet within a convenient 10-minute bus ride from the city center.
The Spanish school’s San Pedro location offers students easy access to San Jose’s museums,shops, bars, etc. The area provides a variety of activities for our students thanks to the influence of the University of Costa Rica, which lies only minutes away. The University district has an abundance of cozy little bars, restaurants, and places that offer live music every night of the week. The diversity of places located nearby means that there is something to do for everyone!
Click on the links below to find out further information about our Spanish language school in San Jose (San Pedro), Costa Rica.
Spanish Program Options
Standard Group 4 Spanish Program
- 4 Spanish classes (M-F) in class sizes of NO MORE than 4 individuals.
- The typical class has 2-3 students on average.
- Spanish programs are offered during mornings and afternoons. However the vast majority of the Spanish programs are held in the morning.
- Small groups mean each student is involved in the class.
- Small groups mean the instructors can provide individual attention.
Combined 6 Spanish Program
- One of the most popular Spanish program option.
- You will take 4 classes in the morning. The format is the same as the Standard Group 4 Spanish Program
- After lunch you will have 2 more classes in a private class setting.
- The private portion of this Spanish program can be used to cover any type of Spanish language topic you prefer.
- An effective way to learn Spanish in a very short period of time.
Private 4 Spanish Programs
- An intensive Spanish program
- You can study and learn Spanish in a very intensive learning environment.
- Cover the topics YOU want to cover
- Study at a pace that is comfortable to you.
- Use this program to learn specialized Spanish vocabulary
- Many students learn better in a private setting.
- Customize the program to fit your needs. The choice is yours!
- Stay with a local host family
- Private room (sharing a room is possible when traveling with someone).
- Friends or family can stay in the same host family and get a private room or share.
- 2 meals per day (breakfast & dinner).
- Laundry service included.
- Host families are located a short distance from the Spanish school.
|Options||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks||Extra Wk(s)|
|Standard Group 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$650||$1,090||$1,550||$1,995||$450|
|Combined 6 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$875||$1,550||$2,225||$2,900||$675|
|Private 4 Spanish Program With Host Family Option & 2 Meals Per Day||$885||$1,570||$2,225||$2,940||$685|
- Group Spanish programs have a maximum of 8 students in a class
- Host family option includes 2 meals per day
- Airport pickup in San Jose is free
Spanish Programs at our San Jose Spanish School start EVERY Monday of the year.
- If you sign up for our accommodations they will begin on the Sunday prior to your first Monday Class. Accommodations end on the Saturday after your last Friday class of your program.
- If a holiday falls on a Monday then classes will begin on a Tuesday. You can however still move into your accommodations on Sunday.
- Classes are NOT made up due to holidays
- If you require EXTRA nights of accommodations please let us know. In most cases this can be accommodated.
What Is Included With Your Spanish Program?
- Accommodations with a local host family or in apartment
- Private room
- Laundry service with your host family
- Handouts and books
- WiFi at the school
- Internet access in apartment
- Cultural activities (some have a small fee). 3 per week.
- Weekend excursion (not free)
- Academic credit is available. More here